Translate

Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Note from Past Volunteer Claire & a VERY Successful Fundraising Event!


A note from past volunteer Claire who joined the Wild Coast Schools volunteer program in 2010 for 4 weeks and recently organised a big fundraising concert in France, to support the VA32 volunteer programs which receive no government support:

Hi everybody!

I'm so, so glad the donation will help and I am absolutely thrilled I could keep on supporting Chintsa. I've fallen in love with the place, the kids, you guys and the amazing work you're doing every day to improve everyone's standard of living.


Just a word, I've been looking for some free time for the past 2 years to come back volunteering. Unfortunately, due to my school schedule and compulsory working experiences to graduate, I couldn't make it work to come back for a few weeks. That's why I decided to do something, somehow, to keep on supporting your amazing actions and even if it is a drop in the ocean, I hope it will help a little.

It has been an amazing experience to raise that money, not just for the money itself, but also for speaking of Chintsa, the kids, the work you do, and in a way, to make people in my city aware of how it is, of both the beautiful things and the hardships.

About 250 people came to the event; it was a music show with three bands performing. I found sponsorship with the Champagne Houses who gave me bottles to sell during the show. We danced until 3 in the morning!  Everyone was so happy to participate to the fund-raising and be a part of the final donation for Chintsa.

I am thinking of all of you and I miss Chintsa and the team so much. It's amazing how strong the mark of my volunteering left on me. I hope I will be able to come back as soon as possible.
I wish you all the best,

Have a good day & take care,

With Love,

Claire
 
Claire’s event raised a massive 1 614 euros to put into our current programs in Chintsa and we can’t wait to see photos from the evening itself! Thanks to Claire for her great efforts in fundraising and for allowing us the share her thoughts with you J
April

No comments:

Post a Comment